Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Official: Fall is here

Well, today is officially the first day of Fall but it sure feels more like Winter to me. I think it is going to take me a little while to get used to these cold, rainy days and it doesn't help that the forecast for tomorrow morning is our first dusting of snow for the season. The ski resorts in the mountains are already going crazy with the snow making machines to capitalize on the snow that fell in their backyards yesterday. Mind you, the temperatures are supposed to be back in the 80's by the weekend, so there is hope for me yet.

Anyway, to celebrate the official beginning of Fall I decided to share another Fall themed card. This card was one that I had the chance to create at my upline's card class last month using the stamp set Branch Out, which is one of the stamp sets on the Dormant List. What is the Dormant List, I hear you ask? Well, Stampin' Up each year has so many wonderful stamp sets that they can't fit them all in the catalog, so they create a dormant list so that we still have the opportunity to enjoy them for another year. Branch Out is such a versatile set that can be used all year round just by varying the colors you use with it.

To create the look of Fall, I used Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry Cardstock and created the base and stamped areas using Confetti White cardstock. The tree and sentiment are stamped in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and the leaves were stamped with Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Old Olive Classic Ink.

This card design is very versatile and can be used for all occasions and works great for men and women. The reason I point this out? Well, if you are anything like me, you struggle with what to come up with when it comes to the men in your life. Let's face it, feminine cards are a lot easier to design (at least for me) and so when I come across something that would make a great card for the guys, I definitely make a note of it.

Hope you enjoy today's card share. Now, I wonder if I should start planning something for Winter? I mean, how many seasons can you have in one week? After all, it is only Tuesday.

Have a great day.
Stamping Hugs,

Tricia



Stamp Sets Used:
Branch Out 113200 (Dormant List)
Price: $22.95 Set Quantity: 8
Short & Sweet 115060 page 141
Price: $17.95 Set Quantity: 12
Cardstock: Confetti White, Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment