Thursday, June 24, 2010

Card Share - Wings of Friendship

Hello Everyone,
I can't believe it is Thursday already. Time seems to be flying by and I still have so many things to do this week. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done.
Today I wanted to share with you a card I created a couple of weeks ago using the Chalkboard Technique. I cased a card created by Stampin' Up demonstrator, Dawn Griffith, and you can find her card and a video of how she created it here .
The first time I tried this technique was last September and I have been meaning to try it again. You can see my first card using this technique here .
I love the way the chalks pop against the black cardstock and it really is a very simple technique to duplicate. There is such a wonderful variety of colors in the Stampin' Pastels, that provides you with endless combinations for your images.
Here are my supplies that I put together to get started. As you can see, my favorite Bermuda Bay cardstock is there along with Crushed Curry, Basic Black and Pink Passion cardstock. So many wonderful colors that will retire in less than a week, so I am making the most of them while they are still here.
The Wings Of Friendship stamp set is a Level 2 Hostess set that also retires June 30th, so I thought this was the perfect time to use it before I have to say goodbye. I love the images in this stamp set and for this card I used the swirl image to create a tone on tone background with Bermuda Bay Classic ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock card base.
The bird image was stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink onto the black cardstock. I then used cotton balls (you could also use sponge daubers) to apply the various colors from my Stampin' Pastels to add color to the image. I used the white eraser from the Stampin' Pastels set to erase any excess chalk from around the image.
I matted the Basic Black cardstock with a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and used the Scalloped Edge Punch to create a decorative edge. Next I adhered it to the Bermuda Bay cardstock card base.
Now, I felt that something was missing from my card, so I went in search of embellishments to see what I could come up with. After auditioning several possibilities I came up with a solution that fit perfectly.
I used my Boho Blossoms Punch and punched out the largest flower shape from a piece of Pink Passion cardstock and then inked the edges with Pink Passion Classic ink. Next I used my Paper Piercer to make a hole in the center of the flower and then I used the smaller flower and a silver brad from the Filigree Designer Brads set to embellish the flower.
Finally I attached the flower to the corner of matted image with a dimensional to complete the card.
I hope you enjoyed today's card share and that it will inspire you to get out your Stampin' Pastels and try this technique yourself. One thing I recommend, is that when choosing a stamp set for this technique, you choose an image that is solid so that you have more area for the chalks to cling to and therefore provide a greater impact to your card design.
Remember that all retiring products will be discontinued after June 3oth, so I recommend that you not delay in placing your order. Please contact me if you have any questions about this card or the Last Chance Retiring Products and I will be happy to help you.
You can place your order by contacting me or by visiting my Online Store here and clicking Shop Now.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

P.S. While the Stampin' Pastels are listed on the Last Chance Retirement Accessories List, only the current configuration will be retired. The current Stampin' Pastels contain the 30 core colors which will be retiring as of June 30th. As of July 1st, there will be a new set of Stampin' Pastels which will contain the new Color Collections.  There will also be a set offered of the new colors that can be added to the existing colors of the Stampin' Pastels so that you do not have to duplicate any colors.
So if you love the current colors and want to have then in addition to the new colors that will introduced in July, I recommend that you order the current Stampin' Pastels so that you can have the best of both old and new.

Supply List (All Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set: Wings of Friendship Level 2 Hostess stamp set*
Cardstock: Basic Black, Crushed Curry*, Bermuda Bay*, Pink Passion*
Inks: Bermuda Bay Classic Ink*, Pink Passion Classic Ink*, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels*, Scalloped Edge Punch, Filigree Designer Brads, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, cotton balls (can be found at your local store).

* These products are listed on the Last Chance Retirement Accessories List and will be available while supplies last or until June 30th (which ever comes first).
*This stamp set is listed on the Last Chance Retirement Stamp List and is available as a Level 2 Hostess stamp set until June 30th. Contact me to learn how you can earn this stamp set free as part of your Hostess Benefits.




No comments:

Post a Comment