Saturday, July 24, 2010

Holidays in July Creative Card Share - Christmas in July Part 2

Hi Everyone,
I am back with the second Christmas card we created during last weekend's Christmas in July Creative Card Class. It is also the 5th and final card that we created.
This Christmas card could be considered the complete opposite of the previous card. Instead of traditional Christmas colors, I chose colors that reflect winter with icey blues and white.
The card base is created from Temptine Turquoise cardstock and the Whisper White cardstock has a stamped background created using the Sparkle and Shine Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel in Tempting Turquoise Classic ink. I then embossed the stamped Whisper White cardstock using my Big Shot and the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I then matted the Whisper White carstock with a piece of Pacific Point cardstock to make it pop.
The ornaments were created with the Ornament punch, punching one of each from Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point cardstock. I then embossed them using my Big Shot and two different Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. For the Tempting Turquoise ornament I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and for the Pacific Point ornament I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
To adhere my ornaments to my card I used Snail adhesive for the Pacific Point ornament and then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the Tempting Turquoise ornament to create some dimension.
To finish off the card I used a sentiment from the Stampin' Up stamp set, Four the Holidays. This time I chose "Happy Holidays" and stamped it on the Tempting Turquoise card base using Pacific Point Classic ink.
This is such a fun and light hearted card that would be great to create for friends, teachers, co-workers and family. Again, you can change the colors around to vary your cards. Try adding some shimmer paint to the ornaments for a little added sparkle. Try using Platinum Shimmer paint for a silvery sheen or Frost White Shimmer paint for a softer look.
Thanks for taking the time to view my Holiday cards and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed creating them.
Stay tuned for more new ideas for the holidays as well as fun projects created with new and exciting products from Stampin' Up. Please contact me if you have any questions or you would like to place an order. Don't forget, you can also place an order using my Online Store that can be found on my Stampin' Up Website.
I hope you all have a wonderful, creative weekend.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Sets:
Sparkle & Shine Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel Price: $8.50
Four the Holidays 116921  Price: $13.95  Set Quantity: 4
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Inks: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise Classic inks
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Ornament punch, Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel Handle, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals.



No comments:

Post a Comment