Sunday, September 16, 2012

Creative Card Share - Denver Regional Swap

Hi Everyone,

Last Saturday, September 8th, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend the Stampin' Up! Regional held in Denver at the Convention Center.  It was such an amazing experience and being a part of the incredible creative energy in that room was inspiring.

One of the traditions at a Stampin' Up! event, is of course the swapping of cards and other items.  The past month has been a roller coaster ride for my family so my focus was not on my stamping.  I did manage to create 20 card fronts to swap the night before the Regional, and I am so glad that I was able to get them finished and participate in the fun.

I decided to design a birthday card that would work well for anyone.  How many times have you had an unexpected birthday surprise you and you needed a card that would work at a moments notice? With this card design, I felt that I had achieved that, as well as a sense of fun that would make the recipient smile.

 
The 3 gift bags were created using Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point cardstock and I embossed them with the Chevron Embossing Folder. The handles were created using the Whisper White Bakers Twine and the tissue paper was stamped with the circle image from the Confetti stamp set. I sponged the tissue paper and bags with the coordinating classic ink to add some dimension. I attached them to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals for added dimension.

Did you notice the scored lines on the Whisper White cardstock layer? They were created using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and provide a little extra detail to the background. It also helps when it comes time to line up the bags on the card.

This is a card design that you could create in many different color schemes and have on hand as your emergency supply of birthday cards.  Create the bags in shades of pinks and purples for a more feminine version or use scraps of Designer Series Paper to create a designer look.

Over the next few days I will be sharing with you some of the cards I received from other demonstrators during the swap as well as photos of card designs featured on the display boards.  I hope you will find them as inspiring as I have, and I hope it will help you to create your own projects for your friends and family.

Until Next Time.
Happy Stamping,
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciabutts.stampinup.net


Recipe (All Supplies used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: Confetti, Teeny Tiny Wishes (Happy Birthday Sentiment)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Classic Inks: Pacific Point, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Tissue Paper (Dollar Store), 1 1/4" Square Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment