Friday, October 6, 2017

GSF Blog Hop Spooky Cat Halloween


It's time for October's GSF ( Global Stampin Friends) Blog Hop and this month we are focusing on Halloween. You may have just visited Mary Ann's blog or perhaps you are starting your blog journey here. Either way, I hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects.
I chose the Spooky Cat bundle (item #146014), one of my favorite bundles from the new 2017 Holiday Catalog. I love the versatility of the Spooky Cat stamp set combined with the coordinating Cat Punch and I had so much fun creating my project for this blog hop. 

My project features the Cat Punch (item #144666) and the thought of creating a black cat with green eyes came to mind. I started with a Basic Black cardstock card base and added a layer of Perfect Plum Cardstock to create the look of a twilight sky. I lightly sponged the Perfect Plum with Smoky Slate Classic ink to create the look of a spooky night. The moon was created using the Layering Circles Framelits (item #141705) cut from Crushed Curry Cardstock and then I lightly sponged it with Crushed Curry Classic ink to create the look of a Harvest Moon. I also sponged a little Smoky Slate Classic ink across the face of the moon to add a little depth.  Using the bat image from the Graveyard Gate stamp set, I stamped the bats in the night sky and one on the moon. 
My beautiful black cat was punched from Basic Black Cardstock with the Cat Punch and I colored two of the small Basic Rhinestones with a green permanent marker to get create the look of glowing green cat's eyes. 

The wall was created from a piece of Basic Gray Cardstock that I embossed with the Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (item #138288) and I sponged the debossed side with Smoky Slate Classic ink for a little extra depth and texture. The top part of the wall was created from a strip of Smoky Slate Cardstock and I also sponged the edges with Smoky Slate Classic ink.


The sentiment is from the Labels to Love stamp set, which coordinates perfectly with the Everyday Label Punch (item #144668).  I heat embossed the sentiment using a little trick with Versamark ink. First I inked the stamp with the Versamark ink and then I inked the stamp with the Archival Basic Black ink and stamped it onto Smoky Slate Cardstock. I then immediately covered the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder and then heated it with my Heat Tool. This added a glossy finish to my sentiment. I punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch and embellished it with two of the smallest Black Rhinestone Jewels (item #144639). I attached a piece of 3/8" Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon (item #144129) across the brick wall and added the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope that you enjoyed my Spooky Cat Halloween card. It is just one of the fun projects that I have created with this bundle and I look forward to sharing more of them with you in the future. Now it is time to head off to Jenn Curtis Charles' blog and see what she has created. Please click the Next button or use the Blog Hop Roll Call list below to find your way if you get lost. 

Jenn Curtis Charles


BLOG HOP 14 Halloween
ROLL CALL




20 comments:

  1. The brick wall is a nice touch. It really sets the mood. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I loved making the brick wall. So glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, the eyes are my favorite. My black cats have green eyes and they inspired me.

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun cat. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. I am so glad you liked him. The cat punch is so fun to use.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that shimmer ribbon really pops, and the kitty is purrfect ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Black Shimmer Ribbon is even more beautiful in person. So many wonderful ways to use it. I am glad you liked my kitty. You're comment made me smile. :)

      Delete
  5. So smart to set the cat on the brick wall, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karie. It reminds me of the old cartoons where the cats would sit on the brick wall and howl at the moon. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. I am really loving the Halloween stamps in the Holiday Catalog this year. So many wonderful possibilities. :)

      Delete
  7. Love this card especially the cat with its sparkly eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the eyes too. Makes him come alive. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Amber. I am so happy that you liked the eyes. :)

      Delete
  9. So fun! The eyes totally make the card. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph. I'm glad you enjoyed my card. :)

      Delete